- Office of International Cooperation
- +82-63-270-4653, admissionU@jbnu.ac.kr
|Application Period||[Spring Semester] September~November, [Fall Semester] March~May|
|Application procedure||After online application, submission of required documents by mail or in person|
|Admission Criteria||Document screening and interview|
|Freshman||Korean Track||All departments except English Track and College of Art||Enrollment in Global Frontier College for one year, taking Korean language classes and electives , then progression to major curriculum in second year|
|English Track||School of International Studies (Engineering Science Majors),School of International Engineering and Science (Jimmy Carter International Cooperation)||Applicants placed in majors during the first semester|
|College of Art||All departments in the College of Arts||Applicants placed in majors during first semester|
|College Transfer||All departments||Applicants placed in majors during first semester|
※ Global Frontier College
- College specially operated by Jeonbuk National University to improve international students’ Korean language ability and adaptation to Korean everyday life and culture.
- All international students, applying through the Korean Track are required to enter the Global Frontier College and study Korean language and elective courses during their first year (2 semesters).
- After this they i progress to their selected major subjects in their second year.
- Students are required to pursue the major for which they have been admitted during their sophomore year. it is not permitted to change major during the sophomore year itself.
- Global Frontier College has two departments: the School of International Studies and the School of International Engineering and Science.
- 1) School of International Engineering and Science: Automatic placement for students who have passed International Natural Sciences (Natural Science field)
- 2) School of International Studies: Automatic placement for students who have passed International Humanity Studies (Humanities field)
※ Korean Track Admission Procedure
|Before Admission||Application to department and evaluation interview|
|Announcement of results|
|1st year||Study at Global Frontier College|
|2nd ~ 4th year||Enrollment for major course of study|
|Nationality/academic qualifications||Freshman||All requirements below must be satisfied.
a. Applicants and their parents should all be foreign nationals or Applicants who hold foreign passports and have completed their education abroad.
b. Graduates or expected graduates of Korean and foreign regular high schools
※ Applicants may not hold dual citizenship.
※ Korean and foreign high school graduation qualifying examinations are not recognized.
※ During Spring semester, only students who who hold—and whose parents also hold—foreign nationality recruited; students who have completed all courses at overseas academic institutions will be recruited only during Fall semester.
|Transfers||All requirements below must be satisfied.
a. Both applicants and their parents should hold foreignnationality or Applicant who hold foreign passports and have completed their education at overseas academic institutions.
b. Graduates of regular high school.
c. Applicants must have completed 4 semesters (2 academic years) and acquired at least 65 credits from a 4-year university.
※ Applicants transferring into sophomore year must have completed 2 semesters (1 academic year) and acquired at least 35 credits.
※ For junior college (2-3 academic years), only graduating (anticipated) students may apply.
※ Applicants who have graduated from 5-year degree programs (high school + college) must submit their high school and college diplomas, their respective transcripts, and a certificate of the 5-year system issued by their school.
※ Graduates of non-accredited academic institutions are not eligible to apply. (Transcripts must include earned credits and grades in the percentile system).
※ Applicants may apply for majors regardless of their major from their previous institution, and recognition for course credits will be at the Dean's discretion for each department.
※ Applicants who have been dismissed from their institution as a disciplinary action, students currently enrolled at JBNU, and JBNU students on gap years may not apply.
※ During Spring semester, only students who hold—and whose parents also hold—foreign nationality will be recruited; students who have completed all courses at academic institutions overseas will be recruited only during Fall semester.
|Language proficiency requirements||Korean Track||a. Applicants to all departmentsexcept English Track
b. Applicants must fulfil one of the following requirements:
- Test of Proficiency in Korean TOPIK Level 3 or above
- Applicants who have completed Korean Class Level 4 at the Korean Language Education Center in Korea.
- Applicants to the College of Arts (with the exception of Industrial Design) may apply without the above mentioned language proficiency requirements, if they are capable of attending classes taught in Korean.
|English Track||a. Applicants to the Jimmy Carter School of International Studies and Engineering Science
b. Applicants must fulfil one of the following requirements:
- Engineering Science: TEPS 600 (New TEPS 330), IELTS 5.5, iBT TOEFL 71 (CBT 197, PBT 530)
- Jimmy Carter School of International Studies: TEPS 600(New TEPS 330), IELTS 5.5, iBT TOEFL 80..
- Check Majors in JBNU : [Click!]
- Please check the application guide for the major you wish to apply for each semester.
- College of Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Nursing and Education are not included.
- Application form, Cover letter, Affidavit of Financial Support, Agreement for Personal Information Collection
|2||High School Diploma (or anticipated graduate certificate)||O||O|
|3||University Diploma (or anticipated graduate certificate/Enrollment Certificate)||X||O|
|4||Official Transcript of High/Secondary School||O||X|
|5||Official University Transcript
- Transcripts must include earned credits and grades in percentage
|6||Certificate of Diploma Verification
- General High School and College : 中国高等教育学历认证报告(http://chsi.com.cn)
- Vacational High School : one of the certificates below
① Certificate from the school authorized by the Province Educational Office and Korean embassy
② Certificate from Province Educational Office authorized by Korean embassy
· Other Countries: apostille or documents authorized by Korean embassy
|7||Family Relationship Certificate
- Submit Family relationship or birth certificate
- China: 「Hukouben」 is not accepted, submit relative relationship (issued by police station or public notary)
- TOPIK certificate, IELTS certificate, Certificate of Language course completion, etc
|9||Certificate of Bank Balance (Must be over US$18,000 (around KRW 20,000,000))
- Only successful applicants
|10||Copy of passport||O||O|
|11||Copy of Alien Registration Card
- only applicants who are currently in Korea
|12||Portfolio, CD, etc.
- only applicants of art college
|College||Department/Major||Total (Korean won)|
|Global Frontier College||International Studies||1,991,500|
|International Engineering and Science||2,670,500|
|Agricultural Life Science||All||2,497,000|
|Environmental & Bioresource Sciences||All||2,497,000|
|Bioresources․ Marketing Economics||1,991,500|
Scholarship for first semester
|Academic Scholarship||Type 1(100% tuition waiver) ~ Type 5(approx. 20% tuition waiver)||Students who have submitted Language Certificate|
|Link Scholarship||Students who have completed JBNU Korean Language Center|
Scholarship for Enrolled Students (from 2nd semester)
|Academic Scholarship||Type 1 (100% tuition waiver) ~ Type 5 (approx. 20% tuition waiver)||Selected from each department among GPA 2.75 or higher, insurance holder, 15 credits of the previous semester|
Last Updated : 12/05/2019
Leave your feedback