- During the invitation overseas period, students at sister universities can take Korean Courses and Major Courses and acquire credits through this program.
- According to the academic exchange agreement signed by our university and overseas sister universities, students will be selected by the overseas sister universities.
|Division||1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Receive and review documents||October-December||April-June|
|Admission and submission of guidance materials||October-January||April-July|
|Dormitory payment instructions and receipt||January||July|
|Schedule flight arrival date and receipt||February||August|
|Arrival in Korea||2 or 3 days before classes begin||2 or 3 days before classes begin|
|Beginning of classes||March||September|
※ Period : Usually six months depending on the agreement, however there are one year courses as well.
Scholarship Benefits (support concept)
- University tuition is exempted.
- Depending on the agreement with each university, the dormitory fee is exempted, administration costs are exempted, there will be a monthly living stipend,as well as other benefits.
Documents required to be submitted
- Exchange student application form 1
- Study Plan (in Korean or English)
- School certificate in English (If it is written in any other language, a Korean language translation is required.)
- A letter of recommendation in English from the students's university( If it is written in any other language, a Korean language translation is required.)
- 1 copy of passport
- 4 photos (white background)
- 1 tuberculosis screening document (start date must be within 60 days of screening)
- Korean courses for foreigners
- Attendance is limited to undergraduate students.
- Graduate students require a separate application (fee required)
|Korean Listening for Foreigners (Elementary / Intermediate / Advanced)||3 credits|
|Korean Speaking for Foreigners (Elementary / Intermediate / Advanced)||3 credits|
|Basic education area||Korean Reading for Foreigners (Elementary / Intermediate / Advanced)||3 credits|
|Korean Writing for Foreigners (Elementary / Intermediate / Advanced)||3 credits|
|Korean Vocabulary and, Grammar for Foreigners (Elementary/Intermediate/Advanced)||3 credits|
Other major courses
- If a students wants to take specific courses, a certain Korean Proficiency Level or English Proficiency Level is required (English courses)
- Location: Chonbuk National University Dormitory, Cham-bit Residence Hall (double occupancy)
- Dormitory payment: Payment required in advance before arrival
- Cost: Administrative expenses (about 450 million Won) and lunch expenses(about 480 million Won)
- Meals: Includes 3 meals a day, excluding weekends
※ This is because the meals fee during the weekend is excluded from the dormitorypayment; the dormitories do provide meals during the weekends but these must be purchases separately.
- Homepage: http://likehome.chonbuk.ac.kr/
- Phone: +82-(0)63-270-4723
Last Updated : 09/05/2017
Leave your feedback